Club Youth Racing Circuit - Mumbles
Welcome to our Mumbles CYRC event page.
If you would a full sized copy of any of the photos please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ditto if you would like any of them deleted. Just send me the URLs or fileames.ABOUT THE EVENT
So what is a CYRC?
From the RYA CW web site:-
"Each of the 3 regions (North, South & West) run a CYRC series. These are great first time events for aspiring racers which are coached."
What does that mean?
That means that it's aimed at all levels of sailor, from complete beginner who has never raced, all the way up to National squad sailors.
What boats can I sail?
There are three boat types in the CYRC. These are:-
- General Handicap - (any other boat with a PY handicap)
- Regatta - Aimed at beginners and people who aren't in any squads.
- Main fleet - Aimed at Silver (Regional squad) and Gold (National squad) sailors.
The regatta fleet is a great place to start. The course is easy, You start (5, 4, 1, go) then it's just a square, keeping the buoys on the left (port), then through the finish. Easy!
There will be a briefing, where you'll be told what's going on don't worry!
PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS
How can I help?
Whilst the sailors are on the race track, there are a number of ways that you can help out, some of them will give you the best view of the racing that there is to have!
The CYRC is run with the help of the parents. There are a number of jobs that you can help out on:
- Helping rig / de-rig, both your boat and advice to others,
- Helping launch / recover and moving trailers up the slipway,
- Crew on a safety boat (or drive if you've got a PB2),
- Help at registration - take peoples names and boat details and give them a tally number,
- Help on the committee boat - Don't worry, it's easy and you don't need any experience. It's either writing down numbers, hoisting flags or keeping an eye out on the boats,
- Help out at the beach - Look after the tally system to make sure that the sailors are all accounted for.
- Help out with the results
If you think that you can help out, or have any questions, please email MYCRegattas@gmail.com
Please find the Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions and Entry form in the link below. To enter a CYRC you simply have to download and fill in the entry form and bring it with you to registration for each event.
|Saturday 21st||0900 Registration
1125 warning 6 races, with a break for lunch when appropriate!
|0830 Galley open
1100 Bar open
ASAP after racing - Prize Giving
comments powered by Disqus