Mumbles Yacht Club is located near Swansea in South Wales, UK. We have the following club accreditations:-
- RYA Recognised Training Centre
- RYA Volvo Champion Club
- RYA OnBoard
Cruiser, dinghy, catamaran and youth sailing/racing takes place every weekend during the Spring, Summer and Autumn, with additional evening sailing during Summer weekdays. We also run a well attended Winter series between October and March with sailing/racing every other weekend.
Having many experienced and highly qualified race/safety officers, as well as a large and keen support team, Mumbles has been a popular choice for World Championships, National Championships and Weekend Regattas.
The club has a team of RYA qualified instructors courses who coach the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme, National Sailing Scheme for adults, Youth Windsurfing Scheme and National Windsurfing Scheme for adults, throughout the year. The Courses range from beginners to more advanced sailing / windsurfing skills. The youth courses have been especially successful with many of the youth sailors being subsequently selected for Regional, Welsh and British Squads.
If you have any interesting club related documents (including handbooks) or photos that you are willing to share on this page, please use the contact page to let us know and we will arrange to collect them, do the necessary scanning and return the items to you.
- Looking Astern - A Brief History of the Club by John Parfit
- The First 50 years by Maurice Wilde, 1988
75th Anniversary photos
- 75th Anniversary photos from various years
- 75th Runion and Rally/Regatta 2013 Dick Lewis
- 75th Runion and Rally/Regatta 2013 Oscar Chess
- 75th Runion and Rally/Regatta 2013 Simon Jenkins
- Opening Ceremony 1959
- National 18 photos from 1959 1967 and 1975